Text Link Ads, Mobile, Telecom, Mobile Telecommunication, Mobility, Mobile phones, mobile news, mobile phone news

Saturday, February 17, 2007

LAN parties in and around your location information

today I got a new acronym for what I have been saying for so long. It has almost become my mantra and there are instances when I hear my chums repeating my mantra. It feels good and it keeps me in perspective. In fact it has proved to be a nice success tool for me. I was reading about LAN parties, when I fell upon KISS - Keep it simple, stupid! :D I greatly liked it.

But my motive of writing this post is totally not about simplicity, but about how someone implemented with a simple approach which is reflected in the design. There are lots of LAN parties going on somewhere - and some of them are quality parties, but the biggest problem is the co-ordination and communication between them. You would of course want to be the part of some of the big parties and would want to network with people with probably an intention of organizing a party of your own. The soul of successful lan gaming is good networking. Lanpartymap.com helps you find a party near you by displaying the markers of ongoing and soon-to-be-held parties around the country.

The best part about this website is that it qualifies the criteria I was talking about in the first paragraph of this post. This website is a simple website. It borrows a map from Google maps and it clearly marks those location with multicolored icons that have legends attached which show you with least hassle where you could find a LAN party now or in very near future. Another interesting feature of this website is that it lets you create and account and lets you add you own LAN party to the list of ongoing parties. And by some interesting additions to your party website you could feature as a featured party on this website.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home